Before travelling to Colombia, we recommend that you obtain protection against malaria, yellow fever and tetanus, especially if you are travelling to rainforest or jungle regions. We strongly recommend you get further information regarding vaccinations and travel health from your doctor before you travel. We also recommend you carry the vaccination certificates with you in case you are required to prove you have received the vaccines.
Reduce your chances of contracting certain diseases and viruses spread through mosquitos by:
- Sleeping under a mosquito net
- Staying in accommodations with screened windows
- Wearing long-sleeved shirts and pants
- Using bug repellent containing active ingredients
- Limiting outside exposure at dusk
Please see the following websites for more information about vaccines and mosquito protection: