These are our usual terms and conditions. However, due to the current situation, we have modified the booking, changes and cancellation terms to give more flexibility. Please check our flexible terms.
Uncover Colombia Ltd ("the Company", "we", "us" and "our") accepts bookings subject to the following conditions. Except where expressly stated, these conditions only apply to the client's tour arrangements with the Company and which the Company agrees to make, provide or perform (as applicable) as part of their contract with the client. All references in these conditions to "tour", "booking", "contract", or "arrangements" mean such tour arrangements unless otherwise stated.
The information provides to you in our brochure and website also forms part of your contract with the Company.
1. THE CONTRACT
The contract is between the Company and you ("the client"). We both agree that English law (and no other) will apply to your contract and to any dispute or claim which arises between us. We both also agree that any dispute or claim or other matter of any description (and whether or not involving any personal injury) which arises between us must be dealt with by the Courts of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Island only. No employee of the Company other than a director has authority to vary or omit any of these terms. No promise of a discount or refund will be binding on us unless confirmed by us in writing.
2. TO SECURE YOUR BOOKING
To secure a booking, the Company must receive payment of the minimum deposit of 20% of the total tour price, per person, (or full payment if booking within 60 days of the start of your tour).
A higher deposit will be payable if any supplier(s) requires additional payment at the time of booking / before the balance due date. On occasions, full payment for a service such as your flights may be required at the time of booking.
All clients (including anyone who is added or substituted at a later date) will agree to the following four conditions:
a) They have read and accepted our booking conditions and the information in our brochure and/or on our website.
b) They do not suffer from any pre-existing medical condition or disability, which may prevent them from actively participating in the tour. If any person suffers from any medical condition or disability that will affect their tour arrangements, please contact us before making your booking.
c) The person making the booking is at least 18 years old and has full authority to enter into a contract on behalf of all persons named on the booking. This person also confirms that all such persons are fully aware of and accept these conditions.
A booking is accepted and becomes definite only, from the date, when the Company issues a confirmation invoice to the client who makes the booking. It is at this point that a contract between the Company and the client comes into existence.
If the Company cannot accept your booking, any payment you made to the Company will be refunded.
3. PAYMENT FOR YOUR TOUR
The balance of all monies due, including any surcharges applicable at that time, must be received by the Company not later than 60 days before the start of your tour. In the case of non-payment of the balance by the due date, the Company reserves the right to treat your booking as cancelled and cancellation charges will apply. You can pay the deposit and full amount by PayPal, credit or debit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Maestro/Solo. For the short tours (less than 24hrs) you can pay in cash on local currency only before starting the tour.
4. IF YOU CHANGE YOUR BOOKING
If you decide to change or move your trip to a different departure date, up to 60 days before departure, we may charge any additional costs incurred by us or incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers. We will confirm you these additional costs before doing any modification. These changes are subject to availability.
If a client is unable to travel, in circumstances which the Company considers reasonable, the booking or that client's place on the booking may be transferred to another suitable person (introduced by you). However, the tour arrangements must remain the same as originally booked. If a transfer can be made, we may charge any additional costs incurred by us or incurred or imposed by any of our suppliers. We will confirm to you these additional costs before doing any modification. Any overdue balance payment must also be received. For inclusive flight bookings, you must pay the charges levied by the airline concerned. As most airlines do not permit name changes after tickets have been issued for any reason, these charges are likely to be the total cost of the flight / an alternative flight.
5. IF YOU CANCEL YOUR BOOKING
Any cancellation by a Client must be made in writing and be acknowledged by the Company in writing. The date on which the request to cancel is received by the Company will determine the cancellation fees applicable.
a) 61 and more days before tour start date – Deposit
b) 60-31 days before tour start date – 50% of the total booking cost
c) 30-15 days before tour start date – 80% of the total booking cost
d) Less than 15 days before tour start date – 100%
It is strongly recommended that comprehensive travel insurance is taken out which includes cover against cancellation charges. Depending on the reason for the cancellation, you may be able to reclaim the cancellation charges (less any applicable excess) under the terms of the insurance policy.
All claims must be made direct to the insurance company. In the event of the cancellation of a booking where the client is liable to pay to the Company cancellation charges in excess of the amount already paid to the Company at the time of cancellation, the client cannot transfer or add these charges to another booking or use any amounts paid to us in relation to the cancelled booking by way of part payment for another booking. Part cancellation of a booking may result in additional costs being payable by the remaining clients.
6. IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT
If a client has a complaint about any of his/her tour arrangements, the client must inform the Company at the time. It is only if the Company knows about problems that there will be the opportunity to put things right. Failure to complain on the spot may result in the client's ability to claim compensation, if applicable, from the Company being extinguished or at least reduced. If the client's complaint cannot be resolved on tour, they should notify the Company in writing within 28 days of their return from the tour.
7. PASSPORTS, VISAS AND VACCINATIONS
Clients are responsible for arranging and must have a valid, acceptable passport and any visas (if required) and vaccination certificates required for the whole of their journey and tour. Information about these matters or related items (climate, clothing, baggage, personal gear etc.) is given in good faith but without responsibility on the Company's part.
8. TRAVEL AND CANCELLATION INSURANCE
Travel Insurance is mandatory for all clients whilst on a tour organised by the Company. Clients together with their personal property, including baggage, are at all times solely at their own risk. Clients are wholly responsible for arranging their own insurance. Clients should ensure that their travel insurance doesn't have exclusion clauses limiting or excluding protection for the type of activities included in our tour. Clients should satisfy themselves that all travel insurance purchased meets their particular requirements and should arrange supplementary insurance if need be.
9. TOUR PARTICIPATION AND CLIENT RESPONSIBILITY
Clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of the Company's employees and tour leaders whilst on tour with the Company. If in the opinion of any such person(s) or any other person in a position of authority (such as, for example, an airline pilot or hotel manager), the health, level of fitness or conduct of a client at any time before or during a tour is endangering or appears likely to endanger the health or wellbeing of the client or any third party (including any other clients of the Company) or the safe, comfortable or happy progress of the tour, the client may be excluded from all or part of the tour without refund or recompense. Where a client is excluded, the Company will have no further responsibility towards them (including any return travel arrangements), and we will not meet any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the exclusion. In the case of ill health, the Company may make such arrangements as it sees fit and recovers the costs thereof from the client. If a client commits an illegal act (including, for example, causing any damage), the client may be excluded from the tour and the Company shall cease to have responsibility to/for them as above. No refund will be given for any unused services. When you book with us, you accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or loss (reasonably estimated if not precisely known) must be made direct to the accommodation owner or manager or other supplier or to us as soon as possible. If the actual cost of the loss or damage exceeds the amount paid where estimated, you must pay the difference once known. If the actual cost is less than the amount paid, the difference will be refunded. You will also be responsible for meeting any claims subsequently made against us and all costs incurred by us (including our own and the other party's full legal costs) as a result of your actions. You should ensure you have appropriate travel insurance to protect you if this situation arises.
If you have any medical condition or disability which may affect your active participation in your tour or the tour arrangements of any other person or have any special requirements as a result of any medical condition or disability (including any which affect the booking process), please tell us before you confirm your booking so that we can assist you in considering the suitability of the proposed tour and/or making the booking. In any event, you must give us full details at the time of booking and whenever any change in the condition or disability occurs. You must also promptly advise us if any medical condition or disability which may affect your active participation in your tour or the tour arrangements of any other person develops after your booking has been confirmed.
10. IF WE CHANGE YOUR TOUR
While the Company will do its best to operate all tours as advertised, it reserves the right to change and correct errors in any of the facilities, services, prices or itineraries described in our brochures and/or website at any time before or after your booking is confirmed. Most changes are minor. Occasionally, we have to make a significant change. If a significant change has to be made, the Company will inform the client as soon as reasonably possible, if there is time before departure.
We promise not to make any significant changes to the "land only" itinerary unless we are forced to do so by force majeure (see clause 12). This guarantee does not, however, apply to any international or domestic flights which may be subject to change or cancellation in accordance with these conditions.
If advised of a significant change before departure, the client will have the choice of accepting the changed arrangements (at additional cost if applicable), purchasing another available tour from the Company (paying or receiving a refund in respect of any difference in price) or cancelling the tour with a full refund of all monies paid to us.
If we have to make a significant change before departure, we will as a minimum, where compensation is due, pay you the compensation payments set out in the table below depending on the circumstances and when the significant change is notified to you subject to the following exception. Compensation will not be payable, and no liability beyond offering the above mentioned choices can be accepted where we are forced to make a change as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care. Such circumstances are likely to include those listed in clause 12 "Force Majeure".
No compensation will be payable and the above options will not be available where a change is a minor one. We regret we cannot meet any visa, vaccination or similar costs in the event of any change or cancellation by us. Similarly, as you are advised only to book fully flexible connecting transport and other arrangements (such as pre or post tour accommodation) which can be cancelled or changed without charge, we cannot pay any cancellation, amendment or other charges you may incur in relation to any arrangements which you have to change or cancel as a result of any change to your tour.
Period of notification given compensation to you:
More than 42 days: Nil
41-28 days: £20
27-14 days: £30
13 days-date of travel: £40
Very rarely, we may be forced by "force majeure" (see clause 12) to change or terminate your tour after departure but before the scheduled end of your time away. This is extremely unlikely but if this situation does occur, we regret we will be unable to make any refunds (unless we obtain any refunds from our suppliers), pay you any compensation or meet any costs or expenses you incur as a result.
11. IF WE CANCEL YOUR TOUR
The Company reserves the right to cancel a tour in any circumstances but will not cancel a tour less than 8 weeks before the start of the tour except for force majeure (see clause 12), or the client's failure to make all payments (including the final balance and any surcharge) when due.
If we have to cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible. If there is time to do so before departure and the cancellation does not result from your failure to pay, we will offer you the choice of purchasing an alternative tour offered as a result of consolidation or another available tour from the Company (in either case, paying or receiving a refund in respect of any difference in price) or receiving a full refund of all monies paid to us. We regret we cannot meet any visa, vaccination or similar costs in the event of any change or cancellation by us. Similarly, as you are advised only to book fully flexible transport and other arrangements which can be cancelled or changed without charge, we cannot pay any cancellation, amendment or other charges you may incur in relation to any transport or other arrangements which you have to change or cancel as a result of the cancellation of your tour.
In addition, we will as a minimum, where compensation is due, pay you the compensation set out in the table in clause 10 above depending on the circumstances and when the cancellation is notified to you to the following exceptions. Compensation will not be payable and no liability beyond offering the above mentioned choices can be accepted where (1) we are forced to cancel as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which we could not have avoided even with all due care (such circumstances are likely to include those listed in clause 12 "Force Majeure") or (2) we have to cancel because the minimum number of participants necessary for us to operate your tour has not been reached (see above). No compensation will be payable and the above options will not be available if we cancel as a result of your failure to comply with any requirement of these booking conditions entitling us to cancel (such as paying on time).
12. FORCE MAJEURE
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our obligations under our contract with you is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any injury, damage, loss or expense of any nature as a result of "force majeure". In these conditions, "force majeure" means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include whether actual or threatened war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, disease, fire and all similar events outside our control.
13. OUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR TOUR
Bookings are accepted on the understanding that clients appreciate and accept the possible risks inherent in travelling and that they undertake the tours or experiences featured in our programme at their own volition.
1) We promise to make sure that the tour arrangements we have agreed to make, perform or provide, as applicable, as part of our contract with you are made, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. This means that, subject to these conditions and the other information which forms part of your contract with us, we will accept responsibility if, for example, you suffer death or personal injury or your contracted tour arrangements are not provided as promised or prove deficient as a result of the failure of ourselves, our employees, agents or suppliers to use reasonable skill and care in making, performing or providing, as applicable, your contracted tour arrangements. Please note, it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim against us. In addition, we will only be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work we had asked them to do (for agents and suppliers).
2) We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (including loss possessions and loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following: - the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the client(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of your tour and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable or 'force majeure' as defined in clause 12 above
3) Please note that we cannot accept responsibility for any services that do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which any supplier agrees to provide for you where we do not advertise the services or facilities, and we have not agreed to arrange them as part of our contract. Any optional tour or activities booked during your holiday do not form part of our contract as these are all arranged for you directly by the suppliers concerned – please see clause 14 Optional excursions and activities below.
4) The promises we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract – and the laws and regulations of the country in which your claim or complaint occurred – will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question had been properly provided. Please bear in mind that standards of, for example, safety, hygiene, and quality may vary throughout the destinations, services and transport your tour involves and may be lower than or different to those applicable in the UK or your home country. If the particular services which gave rise to the claim or complaint complied with the local laws and regulations applicable to those services at the time, the services will be treated as having been properly provided. This will be the case even if the services did not comply with the laws and regulations of the UK which would have applied had those services been provided in the UK. The exception to this is where the claim or complaint concerns the absence of a safety feature which might lead a reasonable holiday maker to refuse to take the tour in question.
5) As set out in these conditions, we limit the maximum amount we may have to pay you for any claims you may make against us. We do not, however, limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of ourselves or our employees (providing they were at the time acting within the course of their employment). Where we are found liable for loss of and/or damage to any luggage or personal possessions (including money), the maximum amount we will have to pay you is £500 per person affected unless a different limitation applies to your claim under clause 13(6) below. You must ensure you have appropriate travel insurance to protect your personal belongings. For all other claims which do not involve death or personal injury, if we are found liable to you on any basis, the maximum amount we will have to pay you is twice the price (excluding insurance premiums and amendment charges) paid by or on behalf of the person(s) affected in total unless a lower limitation applies to your claim under clause 13 (6) below. This maximum amount will only be payable where everything has gone wrong and you have not received any benefit at all from your tour.
6) Where any claim or part of a claim (including those involving death or personal injury) concerns or is based on any travel arrangements (including the process of getting on and/or off the transport concerned) provided by any air, sea, rail or road carrier, the maximum amount of compensation we will have to pay you will be limited. The most we will have to pay you for that claim or that part of a claim if we are found liable to you on any basis is the most the carrier concerned would have to pay under the international convention or regulation which applies to the travel arrangements in question were that claim made against it (for example, the Montreal Convention for international travel by air and/or for airlines, the Athens Convention for international travel by sea, the Berne Convention in respect of travel by rail and the Paris Convention in respect of the provision of accommodation, which limit the amount of and conditions under which compensation can be claimed for death, injury, delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage). Please note: where a carrier would not be obliged to make any payment to you under the applicable international convention or regulation in respect of a claim or part of a claim, we similarly are not obliged to make a payment to you for that claim or part of the claim. When making any payment, we are entitled to deduct any money which you have received or are entitled to receive from the carrier or hotelier for the complaint or claim in question. Copies of the applicable international conventions and regulations are available from us on request. Under EU law (Regulation 261/2004) you have rights in some circumstances to refunds and/or compensation from your airline in cases of denied boarding, cancellation or delay to flights. Full details will be publicised at EU airports and available from airlines. However reimbursement in such cases will not automatically entitle you to a refund of your holiday cost from us. Your right to a refund and/or compensation from us is set out in these booking conditions. If any payments to you are due from us, any payment made to you by the airline or any other service provider will be deducted.
7) Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, expense or other sum(s) of any description (1) which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you or (2) which did not result from any breach of contract or another fault by ourselves or our employees or, where we are responsible for them, our suppliers. Additionally, we cannot accept liability for any expenses or losses incurred by or relate to any business, including self-employed loss of earnings.
8) You must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require. You must also tell us and the supplier concerned about your claim or complaint as set out in clause 6. If You have a Complaint. If asked to do so, you must transfer to us or our insurers any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to cooperate fully with us and our insurers if we or our insurers want to enforce any rights which are transferred.
14. OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES
We and our tour leaders may provide you with information (before departure and/or when you are on holiday) about optional activities and tours which do not form part of your pre-booked holiday arrangements and which are available in the area you are visiting. We have no involvement in any such activities or excursions which are not run, supervised or controlled in any way by us. They are provided by local operators or other providers who are entirely independent of us and they may or may not have their own public liability insurance. They do not form any part of your contract with us even where we suggest particular operators / providers and / or assist you in booking such activities or excursions in any way. Where a tour leader collects payment for or otherwise assists in booking any such activity or excursion for you, we and the tour leader act solely as booking agent for the local operator / provider of the activity or excursion with whom you will have a contract. The local operator / provider's terms and conditions will apply. We cannot accept any liability on any basis in relation to such activities or excursions and the acceptance of liability contained in clause 13(1) of our booking conditions will not apply to them. We do not, however, exclude liability for the negligence of ourselves or our employees resulting in your death or personal injury.
We do not guarantee that any optional activity or excursion mentioned in our brochure, on our website or elsewhere will be available to book during your holiday and / or will operate as advertised as these services do not form part of our contract and are not under our control. They may not be available for various reasons. Any prices given in advance are indicative only. We will not be liable if you cannot, for whatever reason, book any such activity or excursion or if the activity or excursion does not operate as advertised.
15. BROCHURE / WEBSITE / ADVERTISING MATERIAL ACCURACY
The information in our brochures, website and any other advertising material is believed to be correct to the best of our knowledge at the time of printing or publication. However, errors may occasionally occur, and information may subsequently change. You must therefore ensure you check all details of your chosen tour (including the price) with us at the time of booking.
Issue date: December 2019.
Uncover Colombia Ltd. Registered in England and Wales No. 08092957
Suite No.1425, Kemp House
152 – 160 City Road